Saturday, July 17, 2010

the WYSE

Hmmm I'm way too tired to blog it all out for you. Besides, think of all the coal being burned to generate electricity just so I can tell you how much of a gooood time I had. Yeah it's pretty unimaginable right? Well instead of being in denial of our world's damaging ways, just do something. Get off my dumb blog and go play outside. Stay in tune with nature. Plant a garden. Fly a kite. Feed a bird. Save a honey bee. Recycle your shoes. For goodness sake all I'm truly asking is for YOU to RESPECT the OUTDOORS.

But seriously, maybe I'll update this some other time. I just have much more important things to do right now - like my number one is saving the planet. You may think this unrealistic and if so then I don't care what you think because I will continue to do what I do and give it a try. Understand that our creatures of green living are in danger because their habitats are in danger, and their habitats are in danger because of YOUR destructive ways and your destructive ways are a result of too much comfort and your lack of changing your harmful habits, but most importantly WE ARE ALL IN DANGER ( all humans and perhaps even aliens that roam the earth) just because of this comfort we've got going on here. EVERYTHING is in danger of someday (maybe soon) being extinct, if you don't get off your technological device RIGHT NOW.

BUT if you are really interested, scroll down to see some dreadlocks. Perhaps they may be your thing. And then when you get off, knot some in. Wash less. Eat less. Breath less. Change your habits and give the Earth a chance.

Wait!!! Don't be too scared. America doesn't lack leadership, it just lacks devoted mindsets and the will power to change our destructive ways. I can definitely tell you now that every Washington Youth Summit on the Environment Delegate will be a contribution to saving our planet. Perhaps it'll be me who finds the most efficient, clean, and renewable energy source to fuel America. (You're thinking "yeah right she wishes.") Well who knows, you may be right but I really hope your WRONG because I'd like to see my self make that difference just so YOU can sit on your butt and read my blog all day without having to worry about the harmful effects it may have on the environment. Yeah, think about it - a greener planet - all because it is in the hands of these WYSE kids. Maybe this even inspired YOU to get up and do something to environmentally impact your homes, schools, and communities. Well whoever it is, I just know that and feel that we can rely on this generation. We can finally feel hope for a cleaner future. This is very true that I once heard the most compassionate individuals in the world are the ones that care for the environment. - Anonymous (or quote me)

So think green. Go vegan. Compost. Reuse. Reduce. Recycle. Shop green - thrift shops. Choose organic. Save the honey bees. Get some dreadlocks. Save your bath water for your garden. Ya know - just do anything green!!

Hope this made you think or served as a sense of inspiration and positive energy. Get back @ me.

Love you
Rebekah

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Go out and change the world Rebekah. Keep us updated on your progress ~Richard

    ReplyDelete