How do we address an environmental related problem?
1. Acknowledge the problem and its source.
2. Who will it impact?
3. What can they do?
4. Who will it not affect?
5. Why should they care?
1. The current disappearance of honeybees at an alarming rate due to pesticides, mites, virus and other unknown causes/still being researched.
2. It will impact farmers: local economies/agriculture, consumers, beekeepers:employment, food chain, and the natural balance of the environment.
3. Plant honey bee friendly gardens, support beekeepers - purchase honey, help research facilities by donating funds, hold educational presentations, and spread awareness.
5. Honeybees are responsible for 1/3 of food supply. They assist farmers by pollinating, beekeepers with honey and consumers with beeswax products. Honey is in cereals, granola bars, ice creams, salad dressings, candy bars and more! Beeswax is used for candles, dread lock wax, lip balms, crayons, furniture polishing and more! Not supporting honeybees will lead to an immense down-turn in local economies of farming areas, employment for bee keepers, and decline in honeybee made products!