Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Words of a radical feminist:

I will not be shamed.
I will not be blamed.
I will not be looked down upon. 
I will not be perceived as someone's belonging.
I will not be influenced by patriarchal standards.
I will not be deprived of fair treatment and humanity.

I (we) need feminism because society/dominant culture believes they are entitled to dictate how women should look/wear/do to their bodies and use shame/blame/ownership & other patriarchal behaviors.

My (our) body(ies) is(are) NOT an apology. I (we) should be able to openly embrace my (our) shape(s), build(s) and (our) outer beauty without hesitation or fear of being shamed.

I will continue to love, adore and explore the comfort of my body, endlessly --- and I encourage you to do so too.

Comment below: *I need feminism because [.............]* 

Also, please read: http://everydayfeminism.com/2013/05/patriarchy-and-how-it-shows-up-for-everyone/?utm_source=Everyday+Feminism+Subscription&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=120f72d504-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_content=Yahoo!+Mail&utm_term=0_d19c2176ed-120f72d504-91511069


EMPOWERMENT to you feminists, pro-feminists and allies of femininity.
-Bekah Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment